SALTON SEA: Still dead slow. It’s looking like there simply won’t be a tilapia bite this season because the action usually slows way down by now, and this year there simply hasn’t been a bite at all. The scientists studying the sea say they have collected very few mature (catchable-sized) tilapia, but there has been a spawn because there are a lot of tiny fish. The water level is still so low that launching is impossible except for hand-launchable craft (kayaks, canoes, float tubes). Boaters should check with the main office at the recreation area before bringing a boat). The camp store is open Friday through Sunday. Information: Camp Store at 760-289-9455 (open Friday-Sunday). Salton Sea State Recreation Area main office at 760-393-3059, or the ranger station kiosk at 760-393-3052 (or mobile phone at 760-331-9944).
Comments are closed.
- ANTELOPE VALLEY REGION
- CATFISH PLANTS
- CENTRAL COAST LAKES
- COLORADO RIVER
- EASTERN SIERRA
- FRESHWATER HOT SPOTS
- HIGH DESERT LAKES
- HIGH DESERT WATERS VICTORVILLE REGION
- INLAND VALLEY LAKES SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
- LOS ANGELES AREA LAKES
- LOWER DESERT WATERS
- MATTHEWS PICKS OF THE WEEK
- ORANGE COUNTY
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY
- SAN BERNARDINO MOUNTAIN WATERS
- SAN DIEGO AREA LAKES
- SAN JACINTO MOUNTAIN WATERS
- TROUT PLANTS
- WESTERN SIERRA
- Chief Offshore Report Nice Bluefin Fishing, Rick is Live
- Toronado Afternoon Check In, Raymond is Live
- Sport King Mid Day Report, Bruce Is Live
- Pursuit Afternoon Report, Gus is Live
- Grande Mid Day Report, James Is Live
- Sea Adventure 80 Overnight Trip Goes Tuesday July 17
- Freelance is a GO tonight, Get On!
- Sea Adventure 80 Upcoming Trips With The Fish Studs
- Ultra Morning Report, Jacob Is Live
- Pacific Islander Trips, Get a Spot While You Can!